Subject: Player flashing (was Re: Latest Changes in settings.c)
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-06-23

> however I would be glad in helping flashing the players, but I could not
> find how the uart boot mod works.
> Could someone point me about the details of the uart boot mod?

It would be great if a developer with a player could work on this. Your
player doesn't even need to be flashable to get this straight. For my
recorder, I did the UART boot mod, then used it to download gdb and Rockbox
with that. This way you can debug the startup. When the startup basically
works, you can use the UART boot to load and start Rockbox directly, without
gdb. This is a very similar cold start like with the real flashing.
In the past, I made a couple of postings describing the UART boot. A
half-done document is at home, I have to make a twiki page from it. But
several users managed the uart boot already.

Jörg