Subject: harware : HD ref for Swapping on JBR 20Go
From: tseba06_at_free.fr
Date: 2004-06-23

Hi there,

I have a JBR 20 Go equiped with an HD Hitachi DK23EA 20Go 4200Rpm.
One week ago, the HD began to make a cliking sound, that make the JBR stop the
I try to repair the HD by the way of an IDE interface without results.
The HD seems to be surely broken.

So, if anyone could give some references of HD working good for JBR ?
( And also those that doesn't work !!! )

I don't really need a capacity up to 30 Go, but these HD are about to be rare
or expensive !
The RPM is more than 4200 for the last HD 2.5". Is is really bad for the power
consumption ?
And what about the cache of the HD ?

Thanks for responding me.

Best regards.