Subject: Re: Player flashing
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-06-23

> Just some quick questions:
> has anyone verified that the players sh1 roms are the same than recorders?

Yes, the content is the same through all models. I have a collection of
dumps...

However, some more recent models (not the players) have no ROM. This is
apparently cheaper. They start directly from flash, the circuitry is a bit
different to allow for this (mapping the flash also to address 0). You can
check under Info -> Debug -> View HW info.
For these I use a slightly different flash bootloader.

Jörg