Subject: Converting SP-DIF (Re: Rockbox FAQ for the blind)
From: Christi Alice Scarborough (christi_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk)
Date: 2004-06-24

rinty wrote:

> Christi, don't know whether this should be added or not, as for some
> reason I didn't get the full FAQ originally, but is it worth putting
> something in re the difference between optical and electrical digital
> feeds? I didn't realise that there was a difference, and it would be
> nice to know if these converters were able to be bought, rather than
> made up, as I don't fancy doing the soldering.

That sounds like a question for the general FAQ. I have a feeling the
answer may be something along the lines of "never the twain shall meet",
but I know less than nothing about digital audio. (My sound card has
both types of SP-DIF connector on it though.)

You probably didn't get the full FAQ because I edited it quite
extensively last night. *smile*

Christi