Subject: Patch: Let's Rockbox talk filesnames (play voice thumbs for filenames)
From: Carsten Tschach (Carsten_at_tschach.com)
Date: 2004-06-24

Hi,

I just submitted a patch which let Rockbox also talk filenames:

I added an additional setting which allows to set "while hovering" also for
filenames.

Set this option to on. If you now navigate through your Archos and move the
pointer over a normal file, it will look for the same filename with an
additional ".talk". If this file exists, it will be played...if not if will be
talked with numbers.

E.g. if you have a file like "Summer Sunshine.mp3" - create a file call "Summer
Sunshine.mp3.talk" with your favorite talking application. One you move over the
file, the thumb is played.

I think not, that there is a need to have thumbs for everything, but this way,
you can let Rockbox tell you the name of your various playlist files. Or if you
listen to different audiobooks, which will have several storys in one file, you
don't have to move each file in a different directory to get the names...

Carsten