Subject: Re: changing HD again
From: Neon John (
Date: 2004-06-24

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:05:41 +0100, "rinty" <> wrote:

>Hi, sorry, but I thought I remembered seeing a document on changing
>the HD in the archos. I have looked on the site, but can't find it
>again. I've a sighted friend whose willing to change it for me, but
>he said that he wants photos and hopefully some instructions, and
>preferably (if needed) a circuit diagramme.

Lots of links on the Rockbox site. For the JBR, at least, the process
involves no more than removing the device from its case, unplugging the drive
and plugging the new one in. Simple as that. The Studio is essentially
identical. No idea about the FMR or V2.

>What can I give him?

>Also can I use my computer's hard disk to copy all of the rockbox
>contents onto, then copy it back when it's done, and have my RB

Yes you can but there's no use in spending that kind of time. While you have
the new drive hooked up to your computer for formatting, simply attach your
Jukebox and use Exploder (or xcopy from the command line) to copy all your
files from the Jukebox to the new drive. Install the new, already-loaded
drive in your Jukebox and away you go.

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN