Subject: Re: Player flashing
From: sophana (jobarjo78_at_yahoo.fr)
Date: 2004-06-24

I think I have a non flashable player (from the debug menu)

You know what, I had a look at the datasheets. It is incredible that
they made such a flash which is not designed to be flashed in situ (like
all other)

But it should be still possible to program the flash by controlling 2 pins:
first apply 12v on the CE (should be controlled by software, 12v from
external device of course)
then play with the sh1 wait state pin to make 10us write pulses. This
little logic can be implemented in a very smal PLD adding wait states
only for write accesses.
the timings seem compatible...

Then to program the flash the software just have to apply the 12v, then
directly write into the flash.

what do you think of that?