Subject: Driver in XP, no long file names
From: Fabian Cenedese (
Date: 2004-06-24

I have a newly installed WinXP with SP1a. I plugged in my JPR20 and
could instantly see it. So I didn't need to install anything from the Archos

But when I try to copy something onto the JBR or even move something
that's already on it, and it has a long file name, WinXP says that this
device (or file system? don't remember) doesn't support long file names
and asks for a short file name. But that is only inside Explorer. When
I open a command line I can copy and move at will, also if files/dirs
have long file names, even spaces.

Do I need to install the driver from Archos? Or is there a property/setting
in WinXP? It worked fine with the Archos driver on Win98 and without
any additional driver on Win2000, only XP is giving me problems.

bye Fabi