Subject: Re: Player flashing
From: sophana (
Date: 2004-06-24

Andreas Stemmer wrote:

>sophana wrote:
>>If I want to try the uart boot mod, I'll have to port my rockbox mod for
>>the recorder I've just bought (which is flashed)
>>Then I could try to boot from uart. (I also have to check I have a rom)
>Why do you want to boot from uart if it's already flashed?
I have 2 archos: a non flashable player and recently a flashable recorder.
As I said, having a non flashable player and a flashable recorder does
not motivate me a lot for investigating in flashing players.

maybe I'll try one day.

[IDC]Dragon wrote:

Do you still need to hardware-modify a flashable recorder?

My cd changer emulation does not work for recorders yet. If I want to
try the uart boot, my player will be busy. So I just wanted to make my
recorder work in my car before any intervention in my player.

One more thing, I have no linux box at home. I could setup one on top of
fat32 but I have NTFS.
Has anyone tried sh1 gdb in cygwin?