Subject: iTunes Syncronization
From: Bruno Rodrigues (bruno.rodrigues_at_litux.org)
Date: 2004-06-24

Hello dear jukebox owners.

After thinking alot about my previous iTunes sync script with XSL, which
was a mess, I've re-done it with python.

It's available at http://cvs.litux.org/cvs/ArchosiTunes/
cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs_at_cvs.litux.org:/home/litux/cvs login (pass anoncvs)
cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs_at_cvs.litux.org:/home/litux/cvs co ArchosiTunes

If you create playlists in iTunes and you call it JUKEBOX-<something>,
this script will sincronize your mp3 files to your jukebox.

It will also create .m3u playlists for your iTunes playlists, and also
ByAlbum, ByArtist and ByGenre

It also reports if there's some extra files in your jukebox that should
not be there - for example, you delete some songs from your playlists
but you still have them in your jukebox - I still need to think about if
the script should delete them from the jukebox, or maybe move them to
the Trashes and be able to get back the song from there, and it should
warn if there's more than x songs to delete, so it prevents you from
deleting everything if you make a mistake in your iTunes playlists.

If you enable --voice (do --help for arguments), it will use
/usr/bin/say and lame to create _dirname.talk files for each directory.

There's also a --paranoic argument which will ask this script to do a
md5sum for each file so you can be sure that your files are not
corrupted in your jukebox (I've been having some problems with USB and
rsync, don't know if it's a USB problem or just from rsync, but this
options will answer me)

Please have a look and get back to me if you have any suggestion or
"complaint".

Regards,
Bruno Rodrigues

PS: please commit _<file.mp3>.talk patch :)