Subject: Re: Mac Mp3 Tools?
From: Andreas Stemmer (groovingandi_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-06-24

Michael T. Kupietz, wearing a pointy hat wrote:
> At 9:10 PM +0200 6/16/04, Andreas Stemmer wrote:
> >It's no problem to add a Mac column as soon as some nice tools are
> >mentioned here.
>
> ... (snipped some useful Mac tools) ...

Ok, done. You can see the new table at
http://rockbox.haxx.se/twiki/bin/view/Main/UsefulTools

Some things I noticed:
1) Audion 3 and MP3 Rage are not free. I included them anyway because I
guess there aren't too many free tools available for Mac OS

2) Could be possible that more of the linux tools compile well under Mac
OS X. I can't test it and I didn't spend too much time searching the web
for clues... But anybody can edit the table if he/she finds something
out

3) I was thinking about reorganizing the list. Most of the tools
provided are for one OS only, perhaps it would be easier to arrange them
by OS and not by function. Some of the swiss-army-knife tools can't be
categorized properly anyway.

What do you think?

Andreas