Subject: RE: Driver in XP, no long file names
From: Aman Singer (aman_at_asinger.net)
Date: 2004-06-25

Hi.
        Jens said

> How do you restart explorer, since killing the last instance
> of it kills the desktop?

Via taskmanager's menu: File->New task
(Don't know if this is exact, since I'm on German Windows)

        It works here in English Windows. Also, alt+n from the applications
tab of task manager (the first tab, not the one with all the processes, the
one to the left, whatever it's called in other languages), will work.
        Aman

>> open taskmanager, kill all explorer.exe and start
>> explorer.exe again. works for me.

> How do you restart explorer, since killing the last instance
> of it kills the desktop?

Via taskmanager's menu: File->New task
(Don't know if this is exact, since I'm on german Windows)

I also have to use this a number of times.

Regards, Jens