Subject: RE: changing HD again
From: Stuart Tedford (stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk)
Date: 2004-06-25

> Hi John, OK, but how do I connect both drives to my computer at the
> same time? the new one won't (presumably) have a USB connector until
> it's in my Archos unit. I don't have a spare IDE port, they're all
> used.

You need to get an external 2.5 inch USB hard drive enclosure. I got one
off eBay a couple of weeks ago for 5 plus postage. Do a search on eBay
using "external USB2 2.5" and you will get loads to choose from. You put
your drive in it and then it is exactly like an Archos, so you can backup
all your files to/from it before upgrading. Then you can still use your old
HDD in the enclosure for whatever you want.

Stu.