Subject: Re: Rockbox FAQ for the blind
From: Fred Maxwell (rockbox_at_anti-spam.org)
Date: 2004-06-25

BlueChip wrote:

> I never realised Franklin was illiterate.

Franklin, Webster, and others who attempted to reform English spelling
were not "illiterate." Many of them recognized that it was absurd to
spell a work "checque" when it was not pronounced CHEK-cue. They knew
that it made no sense to add a silent letter "u" to words like color,
and honor.

You act as if any change to the language is horrific, yet your use of
English bears little resemblence to the English written by William
Shakespeare.

If you want to speak a language which never evolves, might I suggest Latin?

Regards,
   Fred Maxwell