Subject: damaged mains socket on archos
From: rinty (rinty_at_freeuk.com)
Date: 2004-06-26

Hi, I've had a bit of an accident. I was listening in bed last night
and fell asleep. I was awoken by a thud, and the archos recorder v1
was on the floor. Unfortunately it fell on the mains socket, and it's
now broken, I.e. it won't charge, and the socket was bent over. The
plug of the charger isn't damaged, but it was almost at an angle of 45
degrees. Anyone know how I might be able to either fix it, or get it
repaired? is the mains socket part of the main board, in which case
it's likely to be expensive, or a separate unit that's glued or
soldered to the case?

Thanks,

Rob

---