Subject: Re: When to turn the Archos off?
From: Neon John (
Date: 2004-06-27

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 17:00:46 -0700 (PDT), Ventzislav Stoytchev
<> wrote:

>This may look like a really silly question, but I am
>wondering about it. When I am listening to a song, is
>it better to just turn off the Jukebox by holding off
>(the HDD stops spinning, really suddenly), or just
>stop the song, wait for the disk to stop spinning and
>then turn it off (there is no sharp stopping sound).
>thanks in advance!

Just as a rule of thumb I don't like to cut power to a drive while there is
any I/O going on. That said, I do the hardware power off pretty much with
impunity. I usually pause before holding OFF but not always. Hasn't seemed
to harm anything yet.

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN