Subject: Announcement: Rockbox installer for Windows
From: Christi Alice Scarborough (christi_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk)
Date: 2004-06-27

Because I am an insomniac, I have the great pleasure to announce the
first ever self-executing Rockbox installer. This should hopefully cut
down on the number of people not installing the .rockbox directory.

Because my JB has no screen, it's not really up to testing, so I need
some brave suckers, erm volunteers to test that it works.
(Unfortunately my JB is still screenless and does not make a good testbed.)

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~christi/public/rockbox/rockbox-20040627-install.exe

Things I'd like testers to try:
  - clean install (ie with Rockbox totally removed from the disk)
  - install over a previous version
  - plugins, language support, fonts
  - different architectures (player, recorder, recorderv2, recorderfm)

Note that you can test using F1+on if you have flashed your box. It
will also copy the .ucl file, but you would have to flash that yourself.

This version, which should work for all Jukebox models, is an 800kb
download, which doesn't seem too harsh, really. It was created using
the excellent InnoSetup utility. If anyone wants the InnoSetup source
file, I'm happy to GPL it.

Christi