Subject: poorly v1 recorder for sale or swap
From: rinty (rinty_at_freeuk.com)
Date: 2004-06-28

Hi all,

As you might remember from yesterday, I killed my V1 recorder when it
fell onto the power socket. Having had a friend look at it, (without
opening it) he's of the opinion that it's not a repair that he can do,
as he's sure that the power socket is soldered onto the main board,
not to the case with a lead connecting it to the main board. I've
tested the unit as far as I'm able to, and it boots up and plays.

Therefore it's going to cost me stupid money to get it repaired - they
charge the equivalent of $75 to open it over here. I'm therefore
going to try to sell or swap it, as my money would be better spent
upgrading the HD in the brand new FM recorder I have, than repairing
this older, second-hand unit.

Any offers for the V1 recorder, (brand new 2300 MAH NIMH batteries
charged twice) currently 16GB or there abouts of audio books on it,
(including lord of the rings, the hitchhiker's 5 book trilogy, the
first 28 discworld novels, and Asimov's foundation series. It's a bit
scratched, but it works fine. I can offer the newer Archos headphones
with it. I bought it from ebay a month ago, so I can't offer a
guaranty.

I would ideally like to swap it for an 80GB drive for my FM recorder,
and/or a pair of Koss portapro headphones plus cash. though all cash
welcome. UK, Bank transfer or paypal, overseas paypal only.

Sorry if this isn't an appropriate use of this list, however I did
look at the rules, and there didn't appear to be an exclusion on this
sort of thing. UK or abroad fine, though abroad, your offer will need
to take account of the postage costs.

If there's anything I've left out, email me via the list, if not,
email me privately at Rinty_at_freeuk.com.

Thanks very much,

Rob

---