Subject: Re: Announcement: Rockbox installer for Windows
From: Christi Alice Scarborough (christi_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk)
Date: 2004-06-28

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> I've written most the scripts that do the automatic builds.
>
> If someone could try and see if these installer-builds can be done
> using Wine, it might be worth putting some effort into this. Wine is
> far from a fully working windows eumulator.

I've just run a successful build using wine-20040121 (backport) under
Debian 3.0 - no native Windows code required. We lose the nifty icon on
the setup program, but on the other hand, generation of an installer can
easily be rolled into the daily builds, which I think should be a great
bonus. Are there details of how the directory structure of the builds
is laid out? When creating the setup, I extracted appropriate files
from the various platform specific zip files, but I don't think we'd
want to mess about with that in the build tree.

Or I could just send my working dir to you and you could figure out how
to modify it to work with the build - whatever's easier.

Christi