Subject: Re: poorly v1 recorder for sale or swap
From: hootch.2070068_at_bloglines.com
Date: 2004-06-28

--- Rockbox development <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se wrote:
Hi all,

> As you
might remember from yesterday, I killed my V1 recorder when it
> fell onto
the power socket. Having had a friend look at it, (without
> opening it)
he's of the opinion that it's not a repair that he can do,
> as he's sure
that the power socket is soldered onto the main board,
> not to the case
with a lead connecting it to the main board. I've
> tested the unit as far
as I'm able to, and it boots up and plays.

I just thought I'd mention this
in case it hadn't occured to you. For $10-15 USD, you could buy an external
battery charger and still be able to use the Recorder. My power jack broke
off 9-12 months ago and I've been using it that way ever since.