Subject: Re: How do patches make it's way into CVS or Releases? (was Patch: Let's Rockbox talk filesnames (play voice thumbs for filenames))
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-06-28

> just one do get patches into current CVS or into upcomming
> releases.

It works like this:
After one or more "responsible" people agreed that we want to have it in, a
developer with cvs write rights picks it up, applies the patch, usually
brushes up some parts of it, and commits it into cvs.

> Since my submit of the "talk filename" patch, I got about 8 eMails
> from different people requesting me to send them a firmware-file with
> this feature included.

> I did it...but if people are interested into this feature, why can't it
> make it's way into the CVS?!

It will, give us a little more time than "a few hours". ;-)
I already chatted about this feature with Linus, we both like the feature.
So your patch is on the way.

+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router fr alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis*