Subject: Re: write on it, too! (Re: ATA test, round 2)
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-06-28

> > I think you'd need to write to the disk, otherwise you won't see
> > corruptions, no bad reads would manifest themselves on the disk.
>
> Starting a song will write to .rockbox/.playlist_control.

OK, that's a few bytes, but more write throughput could increase the chances
of a detectable error.
By nature, Scandisk can't tell you about the file content integrity, instead
only about organization structures of the disk, directories and FAT. So I
think it would be good to provoke such kind of traffic, create and remove
files/dirs.

Jörg