Subject: Re: Is anybody using the voice directories "on enter" feature?

Re: Is anybody using the voice directories "on enter" feature?

From: Daniel Gudlat <gudlat_at_web.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:57:09 +0200

[IDC]Dragon wrote:
> I'm thinking about a generalization of the talkbox feature (inspired by
> Carsten's file talk patch). When I worked the talkbox functionality in, I
> copied the option to say the directory name when the dir is entered. But my
> impression is that every talkbox user is using the "while hovering" feature.
> Any "on enter" users?

I never really understood the rationale behind "on enter". OK, so it
only speaks the file name when you "select" the dir by entering it,
instead of everytime you slowly scroll over it, but as a navigation aid
(which is what I use the spoken directories for) it's useless.

FWIW, I use "while hovering".

Greetings,
Gudy