Subject: HDD Warranty
From: Mayur M. Patel (mayurpatel_at_houston.rr.com)
Date: 2004-06-28

I recently had a drive go bad on my desktop and I pulled it out and was
about to disassemled it to use as a decorative paperweight when I thought I
would check on a warranty. Western Digital did have it under warranty for 3
years so I sent it in. I am wondering if Hitachi has warranties on their
drives. I have a DK23DA and I tried to look on the Hitachi warranty site
but I can't seem to find a serial number on my drive. Every number I enter
it tells me its not a valid serial.

Anyone have luck getting this covered or is it even covered? Thanks!

Mayur