Subject: Scan disk
From: Rocker (rocker_at_shaw.ca)
Date: 2004-06-28

Hello fellow rockboxers,

I attempted to scan my HD for errors last night with a 1.3 GHZ processor
running USB 2.0 on windows SP Pro. After about 2 hours the dialog box read
"scanning drive H, phase 1". My FMR drive was spinning constantly and I
could hear a tick tick ticking sound. The jukebox was getting real hot and
I was worried about frying it. I tried to cancel the scan but the cancel
button was unavailable. I had to shut down the PC with the power button in
order to safely remove the jukebox.

Is this normal behaviour when scanning the HD for errors?
How long does it take to scan for errors if you have the Windows XP Pro scan
utility set to check system folders for errors and check/fix bad sectors?

Is the jukebox supposed to get that hot?

Thanks in advance...rocker