Subject: Re: ATA test, round 2
From: Jens Arnold (arnold-j_at_t-online.de)
Date: 2004-06-29

Hello Andreas

>> and do the same stress test that you did with ajbrec-fast.ajz
>> with that. Then check the disk for errors. Hopefully there
>> are some (proving the "disk brand theory").

> Done, but there were no errors so far. Can you provide a
> ucl-file as well? I could do a long-time test and use this box
> with the DK23CA disk for a few days. Do you remember if the
> problems reported in the last tests appeared after such a
> short testing time?

I have uploaded an archive containing UCLs of both
ajbrec-fast.ajz and ajbrec-cvs20040201.ajz at

http://arnold-j.bei.t-online.de/Rockbox/rockbox-recorder-ucls.zip

if you want to do long-term tests. Iirc, the problems did show
up rather fast with the February daily builds, but this may
depend on the individual disk and/or Archos.

Regards, Jens