Subject: Re: HDD with NO moving parts?
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-06-29

> I came across this just looking around. The site claims that they make
> these FDDs on the 2.5" factor with drive heights starting at 8.5mm.
> It's a solid state disk meaning NO moving parts whatsoever...

Most likely this will work in our JB. Terriffic low spinup time! ;-)
But I get the impression that these products are rather outdated technology.
The 8.5 mm we'd need holds only 2 GB. Today, you can get that in a way
smaller CF card! Those can be fitted with an adapter, and are probably
cheaper because they are a mass product.

Jetzt aktivieren unter