Subject: Re: ATA test, round 2

Re: ATA test, round 2

From: Daniel Gudlat <gudlat_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:09:08 +0200

Jens Arnold wrote:
> You may already know that the fast disk reading and writing
> routines are still disabled in the official Rockbox builds
> because some users had reported problems with file system
> corruption when the first assembler optimized disk reading
> routine was introduced back in January 2004.

I don't have time for an organized test right now, but I've been
using my own flashed build of pure Rockbox-cvs with the optimized
read/write routines turned on for quite some time. The only problems
I had during all that time were clearly USB-related and didn't occur
during normal operation.

ROM: 1.28
Mask: 0x0302
USB: positive