Subject: Re: ATA test, round 2
From: Henrik Backe (backe_at_swipnet.se)
Date: 2004-06-30

"Jens Arnold" <arnold-j_at_t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I'm especially interested in test results from users whose
> Jukebox contains an early Hitach HD model (DK23CA/ DK23DA
> series). (Trent, Lee, are you reading?)

Hi,

I got a DK23CA 0x0302 box (as I believe you know),
and I've used your ATA optimization almost since day one,
without any trouble.

More on the positive note is that I've not had a RLD for at least 4 months,
(previously about 2 times a month) and no silent play for about 6 months
(about 2 times a week previously)

The only disk related problem I have now is that it sometime
(about once month) hangs in bootup while continuously reading
the disk (after the logo, before the tree browser/resume screen).

Henrik