Subject: Re: New 30gb mp3 jukebox by polaroid.

Re: New 30gb mp3 jukebox by polaroid.

From: Marcus Bryner <marcus_at_docbryner.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 19:29:15 -0700

Rockbox is great, but Archos isn't making "Rockbox friendly" machines anymore,
and more power to you guys developing it if you make Rockbox work w/ Archos'
new models (which appears to be quite a lot of work).   :)

Digital innovations (Neuros) is the only company that is even interested in
open source firmware, which is slowly happening.   Looks like BlueChip beat
me to adding this link, but if you go to the last 1/3 of the posts or so, you
will see that things are starting to happen (hopefully):

http://www.neurosaudio.com/community/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3655

Looks like they had trouble getting an open source assembler and C compiler to
work for the processor chip the Neuros has.  But is seems they are making
progress in the past week or so (with help of Neuros engineers and even the
president Joe Born on their forum).

I liked Rockbox and it does a lot of things that the Neuros firmware doesn't
do yet.  One of the big reasons I'm buying a Neuros is that I hope you will
be able to port Rockbox to it, or by them having open firmware, my wishlist
will eventually be developed--which won't happen with the other
manufacturers!!!

Marcus

**** BlueChip wrote: ****
CrowTRobo deserves much respect for years of input into the dev scene.
http://www.neurosaudio.com/community/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3655
is an interesting read - pointing out that the source is not so open as DI
would like to imply >:(