Subject: Re: "R" prize
From: Neon John (
Date: 2004-07-04

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 18:57:46 -0500, "Glenn Ervin at Home"
<> wrote:

>Would you be willing to include that the voice output (TalkBox) be
>maintained to at least the level of output which currently exists in RockBox
>at the time of development?

No. For two reasons. One, I'm not interested in it and two, it may
complicate the port of the core RockBox functionality. This same concept
extends to games, video/jpeg playing and all the other stuff not directly
related to RockBox's core functionality - playing mp3 files.

Just like the current RockBox, once a working port is out there, people who
are interested in things like TalkBox will port their code.

PS: I'm outta here on vacation until the 13th. I'd be thrilled to award the
prize when I return :-)

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN