Subject: Re: unreliable buttons? try this
From: John Donahue (
Date: 2004-07-04

I think the archosware sets a slower initial key repetition (vertical scrolling speed) and thus the misreads happen less often.
I have experienced improvements in the unit with either firmware by adjusting battery contacts and not letting the battery level get too low.
I can see how a button hold press(during scrolling) can cause a misread since only slight reduction in pressure lets the value slip back and forth from a zero reading.
I'm curious if the problem occurs for anyone even when the button is held in firm.

But since its possible to produce the problem with a single push/release (no scrolling), maybe some other solution is also necessary. JohnD

 --- On Sun 07/04, Glenn Ervin at Home < > wrote:

Could this problem possibly be solved by adjusting the scrolling speed?Glenn

Join Excite! -