Subject: VWCDPIC remote control for Volkswagens completed.
From: rockbox_at_k9spud.com
Date: 2004-07-05

I have finished implementing support for remote controlling the Archos
Jukebox from Volkswagen/Audi/Seat head units via the VWCDPIC audio
interface adapter.

Schematics and firmware for the VWCDPIC are available from the Developer's
Area of this web site:

http://www.k9spud.com/vwcdpic/

I have also done some work on the Rockbox firmware to support additional
remote control commands that the VWCDPIC sends. My patch adds support for
automatically loading and saving "car" mode configuration settings
to a "/.rockbox/car.cfg" file whenever the user hooks their Archos up to
the car. This makes it possible for the volume/bass/treble/etc settings to
 automatically adjust themselves for the car environment without the user
having to do anything beyond plugging in and powering up.

It also pauses/resumes playback when the user switches input modes on the
head unit or turns off the head unit. This makes it more automatic for
songs to pick up right where the user was last listening.

My Rockbox patch has been submitted in SourceForge as request #985118. I
would like this to eventually get integrated in the mainline Rockbox
firmware so that I don't have to maintain a special branch for VW users.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=985118&group_id=44306&atid=439120