Subject: Re: ATA test, round 2
From: Jens Arnold (arnold-j_at_t-online.de)
Date: 2004-07-05

Hello Andreas

> I have used the february build for almost a week now and I
> didn't get any hard disk errors, although I have the "problem
> disk" DK23CA-20. And of course I didn't get any errors with
> the new build with activated fast ata code.

First off all: Many thanks for your tests, which helped me to
narrow down the problem (although I still don't know exactly
what caused it).

As you may already know if you follwoed the ml, the problem does
most likely only occur with the February builds and the following
hardware combination: Recorder v1 with hardware mask 0x0102
_and_ Hitachi DK23CA hard disk.

As the tests that Pedro (he does have such a box) conducted
suggest that the problem is fixed now even if the fast ata
routines are enabled, I did enable them in cvs after discussing
that with Linus and Björn. They will be in the daily builds from
tomorrow on.

Regards, Jens