Subject: Re: Recordings troubles
From: Martin Borus (
Date: 2004-07-06

> I recorded 11.5 hours of solid music, which appeared to go well, but
> the file will only play on my FMR past about 4.5 hours. Other players
> (winamp, musicmatch) stop playing at the 4.5 hour mark, and Windows
> Media Player will play the whole thing, but the file can not be
> seeked. Some repair tools I tried say that the mp3 frames are
> corrupted past the break point, and goldwave and soundforge can't open
> the file because it uncompressed into memory, and it's just too darned
> big. I don't really want to split the file yet, but I will if I have
> to.
> What I want to know is, has anyone else encountered these recording
> problems? If so, how did you fix them, if at all?
> My firmware is/was CVS040610 (2 days before my recording).

I assume you can play the file on the unit itself, right?

I have this problem sometimes and there's a command line utility calls
"mp3fixer" that throws out the bad frames after which it should stop
causing problems.
Get it here ""
(If you use the time split recording option you will need to combine the parts
of the file into one big chunk to get mp3fixer to work)

Also try out the mp3 player 1by1, which is the only
player on my system that allows forwarding within the broken files.

Aufnehmen, abschicken, nah sein - So einfach ist
WEB.DE Video-Mail: