Subject: RE: HDD spindown problem on daily build
From: Stuart Tedford (stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk)
Date: 2004-07-08

I tried again last night, I was using yesterdays daily 20040707. I can
recreate it every time, here is specifically how I do it...
1, set your disk spindown time to 15 seconds.
2, play a 192 cbr mp3 and wait until the disk spins down.
3, at 50 seconds into the still playing track, when the disk has not spun up
again yet, press volume up.
4, when the disk spins up automatically at 55 seconds, it will remain
spinning until 65 seconds, ie. 50(when you pressed the volume button) +
15(the spindown time).

Works every time for me. Jut to point out, if I don't press any buttons the
disk spins up at 55 seconds and spins down again quickly as expected.

Stu.