Subject: RE: DC IN broken
From: Tim Elliott (
Date: 2004-07-10

My Rec 20 V1 stopped charging properly after I upgraded the hard drive about
a year ago. I just tried it again and it goes to "charging" then goes to
100% "top off" a few minutes later and it will actually shut itself off with
the charger still plugged in, which it isn't supposed to be able to do. Is
it possible that I knocked something out of alignment when I had the box
open? I'm wandering if the charger isn't tripping the power on switch
inside the receptacle without making proper contact with the charging unit.

I haven't really worried about it much since I have 2 sets of batteries and
just swap them out and use an external charger. I would hate to have a
permanent battery I couldn't easily swap out.