Subject: intelligent shutdown?
From: Tim Elliott (telliott_at_sigecom.net)
Date: 2004-07-10

Anyone else interested in an intelligent way to shut down you Archos *now*?
I generally wait a few seconds before holding the off button but once in a
while I hear that "thud, whine" noise and cringe. I know it's not THAT
harmful but I think it would be really convenient if I could just press OFF
(short press) when the player is stopped and it would turn off AFTER disc
activity is done and files like .playlist.control are properly updated.
Even if the unit is shut off by accident, no harm is done since startup and
resume is blazingly fast with the latest builds. Why else would you press
off when the unit is in the browser screen and stopped?

Thanks,
Tim