Subject: Re: intelligent shutdown?
From: Christi Alice Scarborough (christi_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk)
Date: 2004-07-11

Tim Elliott wrote:
> It should be configurable just like Resume: Yes/No/Ask. My box is flashed
> and I wouldn't want it to sit there asking for confirmation since I am
> usually not looking at the screen when I shut it down.

Before you all get too excited, I should point out that the Off switch
is implemented in hardware. There is nothing the software can do to
stop the drive shutting down if you press that Off switch for long
enough. I doubt the situation would have remained like it is currently
if this were something fixable.

Christi