Subject: My JBR20 no longer mounts!
From: Mike McCabe (mike.mccabe_at_gmail.com)
Date: 2004-07-11

When I last tried to mount my JBR 20, I couldn't get the host computer
to recognize it. It still works fine, and had been working well for
some time - so I don't know what the last configuation change I made
to it was.

I've tried linux and winXP, on two separate machines, with different
USB cables. Windows decides (after a long time) that "This device
cannot start (error 10)" - and Linux simply reports that /dev/sda1
isn't a block device. It also hangs my IBM t40 boot bios (for at
least a couple of minutes - I didn't wait) if it's plugged in at boot
time.

I'm running rockbox-040504-1610, flashed. I've tried plugging it in
already booted, while off, while plugged into the AC adapter, and all
of the above while holding F1 to boot it into the original Archos
firmware. (1.40a) I've also tried loading the Rockbox v2.2 .ajz I
had lying around the drive. No luck!

I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions? It's still useful, but only as a
read-only device right now! No Rockblox!

Thanks -
Mike