Subject: OT: Hardware problem

OT: Hardware problem

From: <hootch.2070068_at_bloglines.com>
Date: 12 Jul 2004 00:59:25 -0000

I was wondering if some of you kind, wise souls had any ideas on what might
be causing a problem for me. I believe the problem lies somewhere in the hardware
as it seems that while the unit itself is getting power, the hard drive isn't.
I took the hard drive out and installed it in my desktop computer and it worked
fine. When I boot up my Archos Recorder (v1) it just sits on the splash screen.
I tried holding down F1 to boot into the Arhchos firmware and eventually got
an ATA error (the debug information is below). The hard drive isn't spinning
up when installed in the jukebox, so I'm guessing the problem might lie somewhere
between the batteries and the hard drive. I'm using freshly charged batteries.

Any ideas on what might be causing the problem? It doesn't seem like it'd
be the battery connector connection, since the unit is getting power, just
not to the hard drive it seems.

I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow morning
where I won't have access to the Internet. I'm not saying this in hopes of
a speedy response (though I wouldn't mind it), but rather to pre-explain why
I'm not answering any follow-up questions you might have.

Thanks!

PADR:
A27D (D alternates to F for an instant every second or two)
PBDR: BDBF
AN0:
3FF AN4: alternates between 000, 001 and 002
AN1: 3FF AN5: alternates between
000, 001 and 002
AN2: alternates between 001 and 002 AN6: alternates between
344 to 348
AN3: alternates between 16A and 16B AN7: alternates between 003
to 006
Batt: 5.4xV -1%
ATA: master, 0x0