Subject: Re: OT: DC IN broken
From: Salokyn (
Date: 2004-07-12

Patrick Staehlin a écrit :
> Hi,
> I finally got around to look at my broken 20GB Jukebox Recorder (board
> rev. 1.3B). It doesn't power-on anymore when I plug in the charger but
> the solder points inside the archos seemed to be fine. If i apply 5V to
> the battery-connectors the unit *does* work.
> Since I'm not an electronics expert, I don't know where to look for
> broken parts inside the player. Those SMD-parts are looking all the same
> to me ;) Any hints?
> Thanks,
> Patrick

I have just had this problem this week, with my JBR V1 (face board rev
1.3B). The problem come from a 0 (zero) Ohm CMS resistor at the bottom
roght of the board (there's a "0" printed on it) that is broken or
unsoldered, when i push it the current pass and it works, i'll have to
replace it by a wire when i'll get the utils.