Subject: What's this on my battery?
From: Mads Rahbek Hougaard (
Date: 2004-07-12

This winter I started to experience low endurance with my jbfmr-20; no
matter how long I charged the battery, it would only run for about 3 or 4
hours at best.

So, recently I bought a new set of li-ion batteries.

Switching the batteries was quite a hassle - I had to shake the unit pretty
violently in order to get the old battery just slightly released.

Anyway, on to the question: I notice the original battery has a strange
little thing taped to it. It looks to me as if it's just a small piece of
plastic. Take a look:

Have you got an idea of why it's there? And what it is?

best regards
Mads Rahbek Hougaard