Subject: New RockBox platform
From: Mayur M. Patel (
Date: 2004-07-13

Somehow this bounced back to me, I'm trying again:

For those working on the "R" prize or just simply looking for a new platform
for RockBox, I think the iRiver might be a good bet. Users at the iriver @
lounge ( have apparently found
the checksum and have released software to decode the firmware allowing it
to be modified and then recoded and uploaded to the iriver.

See below:

Ok, just a note to say that the iRiver iHP firmware checksum has been

Updated ihpfirm software from
and source code at

This new release means you can download a firmware file from iRiver, decode
it using ihpfirm, MODIFY IT, re-encode it using ihpfirm, and then upload it
onto to your iRiver where it will now run successfully!!
Obviously there is a great chance you may kill your iRiver if you don't know
what you are doing - so IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, DON'T DO