Subject: Bug with shuffle/insert playlist!
From: mat holton (
Date: 2004-07-15

Hi folks!

I have a found an annoying bug. I found it after wanting to create a shuffled playlist with two excellent bands (I don't think my taste has anything to do with the problem though). Anyway here's the steps to repeat it:

1. Start with no playlist and system in Shuffle mode on.
2. Choose Playlist-Insert on a folder of folders. (in my case a folder called "They Might Be Giants" containing about 15 folders, 210 files)
3. Then do the same on another folder (I chose "The Smiths" containing 7 folders, 60 files)

if i then, whilst playing, skip to the next track, i assume i should get a random track between the two bands. This doesn't happen. What happens is i get a song from the second lot of tracks added to the playlist, and subsequent skips play the next 'actual' track as if shuffle has been turned off. I can resolve this by switching shuffle off and then on again.

Okay, it's not a show-stopper but it's something other people might want to do - mix their two faverout bands in one big shuffle-bonanza!

just letting folks know. I wish i had the time (and my partners blessing to dosuch things!) to fix little things like this myself. Oh well...