Subject: Re: Bug with shuffle/insert playlist!
From: Hardeep Sidhu (
Date: 2004-07-15

mat holton wrote:
> if i then, whilst playing, skip to the next track, i assume i should
> get a random track between the two bands. This doesn't happen. What
> happens is i get a song from the second lot of tracks added to the
> playlist, and subsequent skips play the next 'actual' track as if
> shuffle has been turned off. I can resolve this by switching shuffle
> off and then on again.

This isn't a bug but how the feature works -- directories/playlists are
inserted in order, irregardless of the shuffle setting. To shuffle
them, do exactly what you describe. I've considered adding an "Insert
Shuffled" option but I don't really want to bloat the already large list
of playlist options, especially since there is a simple workaround.