Subject: RE: intelligent shutdown?
From: Tim Elliott (
Date: 2004-07-15

I love this patch! Thanks Linus! I've notice the below problem of not
shutting off if I enter the browser with ON while playing but it won't allow
me to stop playback from the browser, I have to go back to WPS to stop

I also notice the screen refresh problem, noted, if I press OFF and get the
prompt but move the cursor instead of shutting the unit off. Also, the
first keypress (other than OFF) seems to be ignored, during the 2 second
prompt. It's not a big deal unless people are bothered by the prompt.

I would like to enter the shut off mode (prompt) when stopping playback
since I generally stop playback to turn the unit off and I would only need
to press OFF once more to power down. I sometimes stop playback to start a
new dynamic playlist. The prompt shouldn't get in the way.

If you want to keep it as-is and just work out the bugs; that would be ok