Subject: Re: making an app for the rockbox
From: Mansoor Chatha (
Date: 2004-07-15

In the rockbox manual it says:

"Most of them can be started from the main menu if you
put them in the
/.rockbox/rocks directory. Press PLAY on them to start

When I compile the rockbox it does not create any
.rockbox directory. If I try making this directory,
it doesn't like the dot at the beginning of the name
and says invalid name for directory. I am using the
Devkit on Windows and when i go to rockbox simulator
window and clik "Browse Plugins" on the menu, it
doesn't do anything. The same problem on the actual
archos player. When the .ajz file is downloaded
everything seems to work fine except for the "Browse
plugins" part. Any idea, how to handle it?

Mansoor Chatha

--- Tom Norris <> wrote:
> Mansoor Chatha wrote:
> > I just created a .h and a .c file and put them
> into
> > the apps folder. However, when i run the
> > ../tools/configure and then make, it seems that my
> app
> > gets ignored by the compiler. How would i make an
> > application, for example like alarm_menu for the
> > rockbox? How would I go about compiling and
> testing
> > it?
> If you are writing a plugin you need to put your
> files in apps/plugins/
> for the make script to automagically compile them.
> Cheers,
> Tom

Do you Yahoo!?