Subject: Re: Bug with shuffle/insert playlist!
From: Mat Holton (
Date: 2004-07-15

I would have thought that if the mode was on shuffle then the next track froma playlist would
be randomly chosen.

If it's not then perhaps it should be?

-----Original Message-----From: Hardeep Sidhu <>To: Rockbox development <>Sent: 15/07/2004 00:27Subject: Re: Bug with shuffle/insert playlist!mat holton wrote:

> if i then, whilst playing, skip to the next track, i assume i should

> get a random track between the two bands. This doesn't happen. What

> happens is i get a song from the second lot of tracks added to the

> playlist, and subsequent skips play the next 'actual' track as if

> shuffle has been turned off. I can resolve this by switching shuffle

> off and then on again.

This isn't a bug but how the feature works -- directories/playlists are

inserted in order, irregardless of the shuffle setting. To shuffle

them, do exactly what you describe. I've considered adding an "Insert

Shuffled" option but I don't really want to bloat the already large list

of playlist options, especially since there is a simple workaround.

"Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders
what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of ."

 They Might Be Giants.

Surface Inspection Ltd