Subject: Re: Bug with shuffle/insert playlist!
From: Mat Holton (
Date: 2004-07-15

I should have mentioned this idea on the last mail but...

It woulbe be really cool if the Message Box type thingy (the modal text enclosed in a rectangle could be adapted into
a selection box. The could then be used for the Play/Enqueue menu.

Just a thought.

---Original Message-----From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <>To: Rockbox development <>Sent: 15/07/2004 09:20Subject: Re: Bug with shuffle/insert playlist!Mat Holton wrote:

> Really? I would have thought that if the mode was on shuffle then the

> next track froma playlist would be randomly chosen.

> If it's not then perhaps it should be?

That's the difference between "random" and "shuffle". Rockbox shuffles

the playlist when you play it. When you later on add new tracks with the

queue feature, the playlist is not reshuffled.

Rockbox isn't picking the next track randomly, it picks the next track

in the (shuffled) playlist.

"Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders
what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of ."

 They Might Be Giants.

Surface Inspection Ltd